Translate

Monday, December 11, 2017

Hold for the Holidays: Lending a Helping Hand!

This week, our favorite submissions from the weekly activity surrounded helping others. It's always so nice to hear what everyone is doing to lend a helping hand this season, we wanted to share some of them with you all! Take a look at our word collage, along with a list of awesome things you and your colleagues are doing. Some of the most common items were reaching out to friends who are struggling this season just to talk or listen; donating toys, money, or food to families in need; and taking extra time to help students who need it. Here are some of the other things people are doing:



  • I left positive notes for my mom on her desk at work. 
  • Volunteered at my children's sports banquet.
  • Took care of Mom's hearing aids.
  • In the drive thru at Dunk's, I paid for the person's coffee that was in line behind me.
  • Picked up items at the store for a neighbor who's car was at the mechanics.
  • Helped a friend move!
  • I made special ornaments in memory of my aunt who passed away this summer and delivered them to my cousins
  • Called an elderly aunt to chat.
  • Chatted with my brother and apologized after an argument.
  • My mother needed to pick up some food items for our church.  I was able to help out and pick many of the items for her and some of my own to donate.
  • Helped a friend who's dad was injured.
  • Made dinner for a friend 
  • Helped my sister move to her new home!
  • Buying dinner for my roommate. And also donating to the school bake sale. 
  • I cooked a meal for my sister and her husband because he got surgery. I helped put up their tree and take care of household things like the trash and bath time for the baby!
  • Loaned my car (large suv) to a friend who was moving and had a little car.
  • I have been donating all my unwanted stuff to the needy. I have found new items as I cleaned, and gave these away to people in need to. Pay it forward always!
  • I bought some supplies for a fellow teacher that tends to help everyone a lot. 
  • Provided bottles of water to some of our students.
  • Putting away another person’s grocery cart.
  • I covered a class for a colleague.
  • My girls and I cleaned out all of our hats and mittens, laundered them, and donate 2 bagfuls to Share the Warmth!
  • I paid from some haircare products for a young woman who was going on a job interview and didn't have enough to pay for it all.  Hope she gets the job.
  • Brought a coffee for a friend!
  • I volunteer dog walk at the shelter, every week!!
  • On my way home from school I was stopped at a red light and noticed a young boy on a bicycle who's plastic grocery bag broke and his 2 liter root beer went rolling in the road.  I quickly grabbed a recyclable bag from my back seat and yelled out my window for him to come and grab it.  I was super glad that I had one on hand because I don't know how he would've been able to steer his bike while holding the bottle of soda!
  • Made a call to a friend who lost his mother.  Turns out that he had many messages on Facebook but only a few people called.
  • I "adopted" a family in need and bought their groceries for the week as well as christmas presents for the children.
  • I made a meal for a sick friend.
  • I found a wallet in the Hannaford's Ladies restroom and turned it in at the customer service desk
  • This is my favorite stress relief!! When I am stressed it helps me put my life in perspective by helping others. This week I spent the night baking with a friend for an event she had coming up and needed a lot of baking done. 
  • Put together a going away school package for a student going to a new school.
  • Donating feminine hygiene supplies to the women’s shelter.
  • I friend just got hit with medical bills and doesn't have enough for Christmas, So I bought presents for her kids.  
  • I moved my sister from hospital to rehab facility...without having to incur an ambulance cost.
  • I told my co-worker that he is doing a great job with the kids.
  • Gave a card to a co-worker who needed some encouragement.
  • I helped a younger friend do some errands that her parents didn't have time to do.



No comments:

Post a Comment