Translate

Monday, December 4, 2017

Hold for the Holidays: Tips from your Colleagues!

Last week, we asked each of you to share a tip that works for you to maintain your weight. We loved them so much, that we wanted to share some of our favorites. Take a look at the highlights below, along with a fun little word collage that was made up of all the submissions. 





  • Stick to the same eating plan in the holiday season as the rest of the year - a few indulgences are fine but sticking to the regular routine is easiest.
  • Don't weigh yourself every single day! Your weight fluctuates and if it looks like you gained a pound, it'll be different tomorrow. Weigh yourself once a week, same day, same time, and go by the way your clothes fit.
  • I work out on the treadmill at the same time everyday. I plan on it and it is now part of my morning routine. There are those occasions when I am rushed and have felt as though I did not have time to workout, but I do it anyway and just decrease the amount of time. The goal is to maintain the routine.
  • I keep a fitness journal to keep track of what exercises I do daily, plus keep track of food/beverage consumed and my water intake!
  • Meal prepping on Sunday makes me more successful during the week!
  • Wearing a pedometer...a visual is always a help.
  • Eating 5-7 servings of fruit and vegetables.
  • Having an eating plan before attending holiday parties e.g. drink water with my main meal and that makes me a little too full for much of any desserts.
  • Include small exercises or methods that can be done to workout at home.
  • I set a specific bedtime. I go to bed at this time regardless if I have done everything I need to (ie. dishes, laundry, etc). This ensures that I am getting plenty of sleep so I can tackle the following day.
  • Pick your indulgences in advance. Decide what your favorite holiday treat is and save your calories for that. You are more focused on what you are getting and less on what you don't get.
  • Portion sizes and moderation!
  • At a party I tell myself that I can have a "taste test" of all that I would like to eat but the only catch is that I can only have one small bite. I wouldn't want to insult the host/hostess by not trying their foods after working so hard to prepare but a little has to go a long way!
  • Set a personal reasonable goal and post it somewhere around your house (my bathroom mirror works for me)!
  • Bring a healthy choice to holiday parties.
  • Drink plenty of water. Ensure there is always me-time in the day to center - either early morning quiet or late evening calming music. I listen to instrumental music to calm. Being centered allows me to stay on track with goals.
  • Keeping the refrigerator and cupboards stocked with healthy food.
  • Taking 10-minutes to stretch everyday helps me with aches and pains and reduces stress.
  • Have a cup of decaf or herbal tea at night instead of eating dessert. Cut an apple up, put cinnamon on it and microwave it.

1 comment:

  1. go for a de-stress walk either inside or outside during lunch and not think about work.

    ReplyDelete